Motorcycle drivers are often exposed to situations in which there is a possibility of serious injuries from a motorcycle accident. Motorcycle accident lawyers can help. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in the Baton Rouge area, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships. You may need an empathetic Baton Rouge personal injury lawyer with superior skill necessary to defend your rights when your insurance company pushes away from you. An experienced Baton Rouge personal injury attorney can help. Call to speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baton Rouge La. today!
Our attorneys have history helping injured motorcyclists in the Baton Rouge area obtain fair compensation after accidents. Our Baton Rouge based motorcycle lawyers can assist you with questions about motorcycle repair or replacement, dealing with insurance adjusters, making sure your medical bills are paid, documenting your lost work and wages, and obtaining a fair settlement.
Road accidents, including motorcycle accidents, typically occur because of the negligence of a person involved. Motorcyclists are especially susceptible to accidents because motorcycle drivers are often overlooked by other drivers due to their size. Often times the injuries received in a motorcycle accident are serious, long-lasting and catastrophic because the motorcycle operator does not receive adequate protection from serious injury like the operator of an automobile does.
There are a variety of laws regarding motorcycle accidents, so if you are involved in a motorcycle accident it is a good idea to contact a lawyer with experience in motorcycle accidents. A skillful attorney will make sure no one, including the insurance company, tramples your rights.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- In 2008, 54% of motorcycle fatalities involved multiple vehicle crashes and 46% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Forty-three percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 2008 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.08%.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle runs-off-road 41%, motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control 18%, head-on collision 11%, car turns in front of cycle 8% and motorcycle goes down in roadway 7%.
- 91% of motorcycle deaths in 2008 were males. Sixty-four percent of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers and 99% of males who died were drivers.
Law Firm Representing Motorcycle Accident Victims – Free Consultations
Have you been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the Baton Rouge area? Want to know if you have a legal case? Want to know what your motorcycle case is worth? Want compensation for your injuries? Want justice for your loved ones? Want to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen to someone else? Want one of the top-rated motorcycle victims advocates in Louisiana?
Schedule a FREE legal consultation. Get the legal aid and aggressive advocacy that you need from a personal injury attorney in Baton Rouge. Call an attorney at The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. The call is free, the legal advice may be priceless.