Sexual harassment in the workplace is unacceptable. No one should have to suffer through the actions or words that constitute sexual harassment. If you have experienced harassment in your place of employment, you may be able to take legal action. Contact the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess to represent your rights in a situation involving sexual harassment or workplace discrimination.
If you have experienced sexual harassment, you probably have questions, concerns and fears about what lies ahead. Contact one of our experienced attorneys today. We can discuss your rights and options in a free and confidential consultation.
Sexual Harassment at Work
Sexual harassment in the workplace falls into one of two categories: hostile-environment sexual harassment and quid pro quo sexual harassment.
- Hostile environment harassment refers to a situation in which an employee’s work environment is negatively affected due to unwelcome sexual comments, actions, or other conduct. Examples of conduct that may constitute hostile environment harassment include:
- Unwelcome verbal or physical sexual behavior
- Lewd jokes
- Vulgar comments
- Displays of explicit or sexually suggestive material
- Repeated requests for a sexual or dating relationship
- Sexual innuendos and improper touching
- Sexual assault, battery, and rape
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment refers to a situation involving an employee who is forced into or confronted with sexual demands to keep a job or be promoted.
Our firm can determine if you have a valid claim and advise you on your legal options. You may be eligible for compensation for emotional distress, lost wages, and other damages. In addition, you are further protected from any adverse actions/retaliation by your employer for reporting sexual harassment.
If you have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace, let our experienced team help you. Contact the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess today.